Saturday 11 March 2017

No excuses

I honestly have lost all concept of time. At work it's suddenly 4pm, on an evening it's 9.30pm and nearly time for bed, then the alarm goes off and it's time to get up to start the whole cycle all over again. I'm not even sure that the word busy even holds any meaning anymore as it seems to just be a permanent state of being. That and being tired; even the dog yawns as much as we do, like it's somehow contagious. I can't help but feel that I'm on a hamster wheel spinning round and round and it would be so nice to jump off and just be for a while...

Which we have made happen today. It's lunchtime and so far, the most taxing thing I've done is to finish the washing up from last night. Which incidentally was a brilliant Friday night and exactly what was needed - D came over, I cooked dinner, we ate all of the food - too much food - we watched Bad Moms and cackled and chuckled our way into falling asleep on the sofa. 

Do you even want to know why it's been such a mad week? I suppose the biggest things were Dave being away all week and not getting home until 2.30 in the morning from his business trip. Huge deadlines at work when we are already absolutely slammed to the wall with all the stuff that is going on. Having to deal with some tricky, 'dealing with difficult people at work' type stuff that even though you think you have a handle on, actually ends up affecting you in a bad way mentally (and yep, I totally chose to talk about that in the third person as I still need the distance from it - ongoing tricky shit, my favourite kind!). And I guess just all round challenging, adulting often sucks, life is hard sometimes and you just gotta get on with it type week. I'm definitely hoping for some improvements for next week...

I really want to get back on board with my Year in the Life. I had so many grand plans for the blog! Hopefully I'll get back on track soon...but until then I guess I just wanted to pop my head back up, hold my hands up and say hey. So hey! Hope you're all well. Hope to be back sooner than a week...

And finally I hope you all have a great weekend! Filled with fun and relaxing and laughter and all round happy, shiny times. Woop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment