Monday 20 June 2016

Listen Up! - Annie Mac

I often laugh to myself about how much of a music snob I used to be. I would absolutely only listen to 'real music' with guitars and drums and no other sounds were allowed to reach my ears. These days you're more likely to find me tuning in to Absolute 90's radio and blasting out all the old school joy, but know this too - I will always and forever be a Radio 1 girl at heart. Man, it's just sooooo good! Some DJs I will happily switch off and tune out, but Annie Mac is my main gal! From her gorgeous Dublin accent to her mad curly mop, her evening show from 7pm just hits all the right notes.

I don't know what it is about it as the music is nothing like my usual choice, but as soon as I get in the car after the zombie shift I am car-dancing like nobody's business! It's hard to describe as well as the content is just so diverse, from rock to indie to is it hip-hop? See? I don't even know the right name for the genre, I just know that I love it! There's sessions and interviews and hottest records - oh me, oh my! It very much pleases my ears. It's almost too cool. 

Find out more here. And if you have access to Radio 1 I would absolutely recommend a listen. Especially after a zombie shift. It'll help to restore your soul - no lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment