Saturday 3 December 2016

My hat is better than your hat

Today has been a bit of a strange one. I was supposed to be getting up very early to get on a train and travel to Leeds to meet up with my bestie from university. We've been solid besties since 1995, when we lived on the same floor in halls. We shared houses all the time we lived in London and were pretty much inseparable until miles separated us; there was even a sea between us at one point! The miles never really make any difference though, and neither does the time apart - when we meet up we pick up exactly where we were the last time we met and generally never shut up talking and laughing! 

Sadly life got in the way for this trip and her little boy was ill so we had to cancel. Boooo! However, seldom one to let things get me down for too long I tried to find the positive in the situation. I mean first of all I didn't have to get up at 6am anymore! Instead I've embraced my first day off in two weeks in good style - a lazy morning catching up on blogs and reading a few more pages of my book, a trip to theatre (I've been there every day so far this week, might as well go today), caught up with my folks who I haven't seen in weeks due to work and life busy-ness, done the food shopping, scheduled in some social media for theatre and now I'm blogging! A quiet day somehow became the usual busy! Plans for the evening include some tasty dinner and maybe a film or some TV. Nice! 

Also, you can't be sad for too long when you find what might possibly be the BEST HAT EVER when you have to work at lots of outdoor Christmas events. Ladies and gentlemen, I invite you to admire it for yourselves:


Isn't it fabulous?!? I can't wait to wear it for The Big Sing! 

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment