Monday 10 October 2016

Round Our Way - The Great North Snow Dogs!

There's so many ways I could tell you about the Great North Snow Dogs, but basically if you live anywhere near Newcastle I absolutely 100% of the highest of all the high recommendations, tell you that you should go and spend a day seeking them out. So much fun! So many miles! So many painted dogs! So pretty! Cute! Each one will make you squeak and say it's your new favourite! Start at the Quayside and make your way round the whole Toon, get your map from the customer services desk inside Eldon Square or download the app. Definitely make sure you wear comfy shoes and have your legs ready to do lots and lots of walking. We did over 10 miles, which basically meant we could stop for tea and cake every 15 minutes as we needed the fuel...

If you follow me on any social media I basically spammed the heck out of it on Saturday when I came back, but just in case, here's a glimpse of some of the dawgs! 







Just in case the photos of madly painted dogs with cute bums isn't enough to convince you, here's a bit more about the dogs: Great North Snow Dogs. I really really really wish I had mega bucks cos if I did, I would so be putting my bid in at the auction to have one in the back garden!

As an added Brucey-bonus, walking around looking for all those snow dogs is a brilliant way of exploring Newcastle! I've been there like a gazillion times but mainly to shop or see bands, and I got to see some really amazing places that I had never seen before with some pretty stunning architecture to boot. As I said earlier, highly recommends once again doesn't cut it. 

It was truly a tip-top day! 

Now I just have to work on convincing Dave that I need to go and find all the rest of them! The little jaunt from the weekend was with my newest work buddy (new friends, yay!) so he has yet to see any of the dogs in person...there's 97 to find in total. I'm sure it can't be that hard... 

No comments:

Post a Comment