Monday 7 September 2015

My Kind of Girl

I love Lena Dunham. I loved Tiny Furniture and I am a huge fan of the TV series Girls. I am in complete awe that someone in their 20's has achieved so many amazing things. She writes, she directs, she stars...some days I can barely even achieve a couple of hours in front of the computer...but she's an all round whirlwind of massive talent and busy-ness and I admire her massively for it. I was desperate to read her book, Not That Kind of Girl, and finally picked it up a few weeks ago. 

And it's brilliant. 

It's honest, funny, witty, dirty, and raw - kind of like how I imagine she is in real life. Or would like to think so, because of course we would be friends if ever our paths should cross...

It's the kind of book you can dip in and out of, which comes in very handy when you're on jury duty, like I was last week. (On a side note, I kind of want to write about the experience (not the case obviously), but an overview of how it was but I'm not sure if a) I'm allowed to talk about it and b) if anyone is interested. If you would like to read about it leave a comment below).

I wish I'd had this book when I was 20. When you're floundering around and not sure of anyone or anything. But even at 40, when I've long gone past that giving a shit what people think stage of my life, there's such a lot to take from it. As I said in my previous post, I'm really not very good at doing book reviews so I won't even try. I will just say, this is definitely a book worth reading. 

I like it. 

A lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment