Tuesday 27 December 2016

The Good Life

If you've been following this blog for a while you'll know that we are all about the good life, and by good life I mean spending lots of quality time in the garden growing and nurturing things to life. Today of all days, a rather chilly day to be honest, we decided we'd get out there and do some good life stuff! 

First of all we had to go and buy Spring bulbs. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty grumpy about the whole going into shops on Bank Holidays thing. Until we arrived and basically entered a winter wonderland full of all the pretty liiiiights, and some completely adorable fluffy penguins and polar bears and reindeers! It took quite a while until we actually found the plants, but we got there in the end. And grumpy though I was, the 70% saving on some of those plants was worth the shopping on public holidays effort. Thank you kind shop person for working to allow me to make some amazing savings on your over-priced plants in the first place, hehehe. 

Back to the garden, all the clothes on, and some serious squatting and dibbling took place while I planted all of the bulbs 10 centimetres below the ground. I'm already counting down until Spring when right outside my back door will be daffodils and hyacinths and crocuses and tulips and all sorts of other things that I've already forgotten were in the mixed bag! Extra treats when you can't remember what you've planted! 

I spotted this fabulous trough for growing veg that cost £100! Yep £100! Luckily, my very own handy person is more than capable of building one for me that will cost a fraction of that price. I took several sneaky photos so we could get an idea of the construction and plans are already underway. Yassssss! Roll on Spring! It's my most favourite time for good life-ing. 


Sidenote: there are two things that make me chuckle about this photo. One I am wearing muddy jeans and wellies yet my nails are glittery gold with snowflakes on them! And two there is a dog hair stuck to my cup. Seriously, it gets everywhere! When I was cooking on Christmas Day I must have washed my hands a million times to make sure none went in the dinner - eep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment