Wednesday 4 January 2017

Bookshelf: 3 giants!

I'm not calling this a challenge as such, but I decided that this year I have to read these three books: 


Partly I think it's because I actually bought them. New. They're not out of the library, they're not borrowed from anyone else, they're brand spanking shiny and new. And all very large. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a little bit intimidated by them. Also very indecisive - I can't choose which one to tackle first! 

I picked up the Kate Atkinson and the Donna Tartt in one single shop - I know! What was I thinking? Other than being massively swayed by the fact that I have loved every other book that both have written, of course. 

As for the third, I've seen/read/heard very good things about it and decided to give it a try. Without realising quite how large it is. Maybe people who recommended it read it on Kindle so it didn't seem quite as...hefty? 

Anyway, decisions decisions. I tried putting it out on social media to see which might get the most votes but the comments are all over the place too! Maybe the best way will be to mix them up, close my eyes and just pick one! 

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment